Dragonfayth Submission Rules
- All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries. Likewise, summaries should NOT include things such as [Azureshipping] or [Seto x Anzu] or any variation thereof. This is an Azureshipping-exclusive archive only, so the only acceptable fics are those with at least SOME Azureshipping in them. Therefore, these tags would be redundant. Furthermore, additional elements in a summary, including R&R, C&C or review plz! are not allowed. A summary must ONLY contain the summary; warnings, ratings, status, etc. should be indicated with their proper Classifications.
- Correct grammar, spelling, and formatting are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis. However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted from the submission queue. If the site administrator(s) have free time and are authorized beta-readers, they may beta-read your account and edit any spelling or grammar mistakes before validating it. If you find their changes unacceptable, you may remove your story from the site, but you may not remove the credit to the beta-reader if it is present! Likewise, if you wish to look for a beta-reader BEFORE you submit to the site, please check an author's profile to see if they beta-read. If yes, feel free to contact them and arrange for your story to be beta-read first. Formatting errors include a lack of spacing between lines of dialogue or paragraphs, centered text, and so forth. This MUST be corrected by the author!
- Stories submitted must adhere to Dragonfayth's Standards of Quality. Aside from all other rules on this page relating to summaries, title, rating, and so forth, all stories submitted to Dragonfayth should be the best possible work the author is capable of. Stories that are seen as half-effort (full of errors, inconsistencies, etc.) will be rejected and deleted from the queue. The best stories will have been pre-read by a beta-reader PRIOR to submission to the Dragonfayth queue. Stories with gross inconsistencies, out-of-character (OOCness), or no "story" (plot) behind them will also be rejected and deleted from the queue.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult-rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. A story with Language, Violence, or Sexual Situations MAY NOT be rated K or K+! There is no current rating minimum for stories containing the Character Death warning, so please use discretion and your best judgment. Other warning/rating pairs may be added in the future. Please note: Stories containing adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- There is a difference between a Series and a Chaptered Story! For more details on this, and how to upload chapters to a story or segments to a series, please check out the Help/FAQ page. Stories in violation of this will be removed from the archive.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. Even though Dragonfayth uses categories according to the season/arc of the Yu-Gi-Oh series in which it takes place, please use specific spoiler tags where necessary. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Season 2, Episode 5 of the Duel Monsters animation. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Yuugi dies. As a reader, if you find a story that is inappropriately labeled for spoilers, please use the Contact Us form to let the administrators know.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators.
The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed. These rules last updated November 13, 2021 - 12:36pm PT.